Saturday, September 5, 2009

Jim, I want you to spell New York...

...Can you do that Jim??

A knife, a fork a bottle and a cork.

RL has got me leaving on a business trip soon, so I am going flat out, pulling 16 hour days making sure I can leave and leave everyone in good hands. Meanwhile SL goes on. Funny thing happened this week... In the midst of RL mayhem there is of course the DJ/MC gigs I do. During one of them, Jim offered me friendship. There is of course nothing strange about a fan of DJ wanting to be on your friends list.... that is...

Me and Jim go way way way back. The first time I met him, was also the first time I saw my (now adopted) sister Emy. Strange how things go. When I first saw Emyly in SL, I somehow offended her. She was dancing, I was bugging her (I really was just trying to make converation, but she didn't see it that way) and she recruited Jim to INTERROGATE me about my intentions. I was looking my old, harsh and brass, self, including bad skin and newbie hair...

And now, a long time later, me and Emyly work together. In the same club we met. In the same spot I offended her. It was in that same club that good ole Jim, during one of our gigs, he offered friendship. Already playing friends with his "loved one" and spinning requests for her, why wouldn't he?

Strange how things go huh?

My gig at P4 is canceled for the time being... Too much going on. Hate to leave them high and dry, but with me traveling, and being in a different time zone, there is not much I can do. Matter of fact, I really have to take care of this, I am not even sure if I can DJ at Linri's.... I simply don't know if I can bring enough equipment to do this from the road. I have to figure something out. After all Linri's Palace, is not just the place where I got my start DJ-ing in SL, it's where I met the best friend a boisterous asshole like myself can wish for... It's also where I met Jim.

A knife, a fork a bottle and a cork...
Hey Jim I want you to spell New York for me, can you do that Jim??

No comments:

Post a Comment