Monday, September 7, 2009

Hit the (RL) road... Jack...

I have a small mixer(200 dollars), I could just drop it in my suitcase... But then I would have to bring a microphone (300 dollars), cables (50 dollars), a microphone stand (30 dollars), I would like to have my compressor (199 dollars) with me.... Oh the trials and tribulations of trying to play music for you guys (Having Delta break or lose my my equipment in NYC -- Priceless!)

I am going on the road Wednesday. As I said in my previous blog post, I don't know whether or not I can DJ from the road. Not that it can't be done, I am just one of those people that isn't satisfied with mediocrity. If it's not perfect, I rather not do it than do it half-assed. AND I AM RUNNING OUT OF TIME!! When the RL company planned this trip that is so interfering with my SL, I thought... Oh I have months to figure this out. Well now it's almost here and quite frankly, I haven't figured it out yet (how do you spell: procrastination?)

Speaking of not having much time... We usually don't (as a species in general, be it your pixelated or meat and potatoes form) take enough of it to smell the roses... I am reminded of this every day.

There are people in SL wearing frogs on their shoulder. Why? It's in memory of Joshua. A boy that died at the age of nine from the side effects of epilepsy and cerebral palsy. I was made aware of this by a good friend of mine, who herself is undergoing chemo for a very bad form of cancer. Speaking of cancer, a group of people got together and put on a charity event for a little three year old girl with leukemia. In a single day they raised over one million Lindens! That same friend wearing that silly frog on her shoulder, lost her husband. He was in tower two of the World Trade Center on September 11th.

There is so much we can share, good or bad, that makes SL an experience not to joke about... All we need to do, is wake up and take the time to smell the roses. That same frog wearing, cancer fighting lady has a sister. In RL she works in one of the craziest places... I wouldn't be friggin' caught dead in that joint, but... She sends me pictures of the things she does for a living and oh my god do I envy! Do I ever envy her!

Take some time out of your busy schedule. Remember there are marvelous things to see and do every day. Miracles happen in your life on a daily basis, really! Just take the time to watch them. If you are feeling low, talk to people that have been there before you. They will lend you a helping hand, if all you do is take the time to get to know them. This is a tribute to all the wonderful people I met over the past, say... three years or so. Give me you hand, lend me an ear (and I will try not to sing out of key)

Remember, you gonna get by with a little help from your friends. And in the words of a man with infinite wisdom... Be kind to the women of the world, just remember we all had mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment