Friday, January 1, 2010

Ringing in the New Year (ASSHOLE STYLE)

Happy new year motherfuckers!

It all started innocently enough. On New Year's eve (that was yesterday) Emyly was slated to lead a couples dance at Linri's Palace. It takes two avatars to dance as a couple. I was going to be with Feenix (ringing in the new year in our own way, if you catch my drift) so my sister was short a dance partner. Not to worry, Emyly has a good friend who gave her access to his avatar, so if she is ever short a dance partner, she can use him.

Slight problem... This boy was banned from Linri's! Why? This guy never comes to Linri's if it isn't for Emyly needing a dancer, and if that happens, he never says anything because it's really Emyly controlling him and she is too busy dancing to make him talk.

Inquiring minds need to know! So Emyly asked. The reason she was given by the owner of the establishment (Linri herself) was as shocking as it was stupid. It turns out that several people at Linri's had complained about our behavior. This is where it becomes complicated (or totally imbecile, if you ask me). "Our behavior" in this case means that of Emyly and me. Yes, yours truly Tulsa! Why in god's name ban an avatar that isn't really there ever? I have no idea, and likely will never find out, seeing how moments later I myself got booted...

Way to go Linri! Let's deny access to one of your staffers! It was close to Emyly's performance when I inquired exactly what Emyly and me had done to deserve a third AV to be banned. I was told that several people had complained about me. I supposedly am rude and hard to work with. That's kind of funny, I come in set up my DJ rig, play songs and leave. Emyly, I was told was also complained about often. That, I have a real hard time believing... Where as I have a kind of "boisterous charm" Emy is the sweetest AV you will ever meet.

So I pressed on. Who came up with this bullshit (no definitive answer) and what exactly am I accused of saying/doing?

It turns out that Linri's palace has some secret financial backers. I always wondered how she kept that club going with such low patronage, but now I know! It's these "silent partners" that did the complaining. And of course money talks, and the low life DJ walks, right?

Among the accusations geared towards me, were that I once got in an argument with Emy her boyfriend. Indeed I did, but not after him insulting my girlfriend. Besides the whole argument lasted all but four lines of text. I was also accused of telling people they were naked. Well truth be told, Linri was naked, at least on my screen(you gotta love SL glitches). And which self-respecting heterosexual man would not make a comment about that? I mean, come on, Linri is one of the most attractive AVs in the metaverse.

Apparently Linri's "secret investors" keep a score card of how often I say something that is not to their liking. I don't know who these people are and Linri will not tell me. I do know who these people are not and some of the regulars at Linri's Palace are just as flabbergasted as I am.

So I was put in front of a firing squad without ever hearing what I was charged with. When I said to Linri I was canceling today's show and that she had until Sunday to sort out this mess, I was banned. Not by her stash of secret investors, no by her! Excuse me for wanting to find out what I am being accused of. All I was offered by Linri is that allegedly her band of silent partners had threatened to close the club.... Yeah right!

If this sounds fair to you, then fuck you and the horse you rode in on! That includes you Linri!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tulsa,

    I feel that you have a right to know why you are banned as well. I am sorry you were treated so badly. I always looked forward to your shows and will miss you playing at Linri, but plan to catch you at other venues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tulsa was fired for the language used and the attitude shown in an IM discussion with me yesterday. It was totally unacceptable. He cancelled his show for the following evening and tried to bribe me by saying he'd see about Sunday's show. He was not willing to listen to anything I said. SL rules say that I can't copy conversations or reveal people's names in SL. I told him the gist of what was said. He was unwilling to listen and typed cruel, angry, and untrue things in the IM. He had done this before, but I had disregarded it, but this time it got so bad that I fired him. I also banned him from the property, because of information I had from other sims that he had been banned from. When he continued his tirade, I also muted him. I don't feel like I need to listen to his nasty comments in several languages. I had been trying to work out the problem about the alt with Emy. I was making an attempt to contact someone who could unban the alt. Emy was allowed to dance with a partner that night. She did a lovely job.

    I am also disappointed at people that call me their friend yet support this trash. I won't use the language that Tulsa's comfortable using in public. I hope this can stop here, but doubt it will. I won't answer again. If you object to what I have done, please come to me to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's break this down shall we? Several languages? Merriam-Webster describes the word "several" as "More than two but fewer than many". I was not aware that any of words I used didn't exist in the English language. Surely, bullshit is an English word, isn't it?

    Yes the discussion was harsh, I was after all (as were "several" others) done wrong. If you can't handle this Miss Jewell, maybe owning (that's a big word in your case with all your secret sponsors) a club is not for you.

    I am perfectly willing to live by your standard that you can't reveal names. Although I believe that rule to be total bogus, I went looking for it on the official SL TOS and couldn't find it anywhere, I am still willing to live by it. Which is why I said that if people had a problem with me, they should come to me directly and not through some corporate messenger like yourself. That is the part of the story you totally ignore. I gave you the option to have them come forward, and gave you a time frame for it (my Sunday show).

    You see, an inalienable truth about justice is that you get a chance to face your accusers. You denied me that chance. And yeah, I got mad over that. If you think for a minute, you would be too!

    Yes, I am banned from several sims. Have you checked why Miss Know-it-all? The only sims I am banned from other than yours are the ones that a certain DJ by the name of Otawan Fouquet is (or was) employed at. That's nothing more than a personal vendetta against me. Much like the one you are carrying out now.

    And one last thing, the notion that we (as in Emy and myself) are deliberately putting on an event to compete directly with yours is so totally asinine it defies description. All over the Metaverse there are 100's if not 1000's of DJs playing during the same time slot you have an event scheduled. Furthermore, your statement that people in my (or Emy's) group-list belong to you is ludicrous. I can't very well help that people sign up for my group, now can I. You seemingly wanting to take ownership of that list... I have only one piece for you: Get the hell over yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4.1 You agree to abide by certain rules of conduct, including the Community Standards and other rules prohibiting illegal and other practices that Linden Lab deems harmful.
    In addition to abiding at all times by the Community Standards, you agree that you shall not
    (i) take any action or upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit Content that infringes or violates any third party rights ( This would include giving out names of people that have complained to me as the owner of a club.)
    (iv) take any action or upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit Content as determined by Linden Lab at its sole discretion that is harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, causes tort, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable (This would be the way you spoke to me in IM and on this blog.)
    (vi) take any action or upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any Content that would violate any right or duty under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements ( This would be giving you specific information about my guests or staff.)

    Remarks in parentheses are mine. The other is taken from the SL Community Standards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Linri,

    You should understand that I have several years worth of experience with law-enforcement. Both professionally (as in, an RL employer paid me to do the work) and as a volunteer. As such I have a more than average understanding of legal documents. I have worked in an industry, for the last eight years, where it is absolutely crucial to understand which digitally distributed content can be made public and in which ways.

    First of all you have to understand, as much as you may disagree with it, that the Terms Of Service for Second Life do not extend to this web site. As such there is absolutely no rule in SL that can prevent what I write on this blog. Sorry that is just a no go. That's actually a good thing, it's called freedom of speech. It's something our forefathers fought for.

    Second, your interpretation of these "Community rules" is simply too narrow. Trust me on this, should you ever try and take it to a court, your interpretation will never hold up.Not to mention that no successful trial has ever been seen in court regarding the Terms Of Service of a computer game (which is what SL is in the end). In other words the basis for your argument, which seems to have shifted to my choice of language and the places I wish to employ such language is null and void.

    Having said that, you should also understand That a TOS is not a legally binding contract. It's a "good faith agreement". However you should understand that you and I never entered into that agreement. It's not an agreement between us, it's an agreement between you and the makers (Linden Labs) of SL. Therefore, trying to apply this agreement to whatever form of relationship we (you and I) have is over-reaching. That, in a court of law would actually be deemed illegal.

    Like I said before, all I asked was that the people that allegedly had a problem with me, would come directly to me. A request you have elected to totally ignore. I will simply chalk this one up to a power struggle in your organization. One that I fell victim of, but one that I am done with.

    Yours truly,
    Tulsa

    ReplyDelete
  7. One more thing... and then I am really done, Linri. You violate your own interpretation of SL's TOS by divulging on my blog portions of a conversation we had in IM. Your own interpretation of the rules disallow you to do that. Please refrain from making our private conversations public. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete