Monday, November 2, 2009

I win I win I win!!

Feenix is having a possitive affect/effect on me. Today I won the "race that stops the nation". Had I betted I would have been 120 dollars and 59 cents richer then I was before.

The Melbourne cup is the biggest horse race in Australia. People go goo-goo over it. To me it's just a bunch of animals that would be better served being in front of a plow, but ever since we mechanized those things I guess that the only way for a horse to not end up on a sandwich is to... RUN!!! I know nothing about horse racing, absolutely NOTHING. So when someone asked me which horses I'd pick I jokingly said: Shocking

Then they asked me to pick another name, for the long shot. I looked over the list and "Nothing Leica Cat" was already out of the race, so instead I (randomly) picked "Crime Scene". I thought it was kinda fitting that if Shocking was my number one pick, Crime Scene would be second. Well today whatever God you subscribe to smiled on me. In the order above, my picks came in. Shocking won and Crime Scene came in second.

Should have placed a bet, but... I win the race! My picks came in First and Second. Take that that you fools! Next year I will bet on "Purple Toothpaste".

1 comment: